photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Meg Lonergan of LeSueur Interiors

Meg Lonergan is one of the sweetest people I know. A fellow Houston blogger, Meg recently ventured out on her own and started her own interior design firm, LeSueur Interiors. Her style completely speaks of Meg and her experiences. It is at once classic and genteel, a reflection of her Louisiana upbringing, but features a wonderful eclectic mix which tells of the time she has spent traveling the world.

1. New Zealand - my precious husband comes from this beautiful country. And for that, I'll always be grateful to that oh-so-far-away land!

 
2. Coffee - I can remember when I lived in Paris during college I paid 6€ for a cappuccino in the Marais. That was a lot of money just for a coffee, it was worth every centime.
 
 
3. Fine Stationery - Even back when I was about five years old my Mom had printed gift tags with my name on them that went on the presents I brought to birthday parties. When I was 18 she gave me Dempsey & Carroll engraved personalized stationery for my high school graduation present. Don't even get me started on the paper products we had for my wedding! She began my addiction to heavy card stock, and monograms.
 
 
4. The South - There is something about the elegance, hospitality, tradition, humidity and beauty of the south that can't be found anywhere else. Even though I moved away from Louisiana when I was 10, the culture is deeply embedded in who I am.
 
 
5. Textiles - I love to touch fabrics. Any type, any texture. Especially textiles from far away places, Indian saris, Balinese batik, antique linens from Louisiana.
 
 
6. Candles - I always have one burning, my favorite of the moment is my LeSueur Interiors "Lagniappe" candle.
 
 
7. Rugs - specifically old Persians. Nothing excites me more than digging through piles of rugs in a carpet shop. I love their history, their art, their beauty. I'm waiting to stumble upon that perfect Heritz for my entry way.
 
 
8. Sonic Ice - Down south it's hot. Sonic sells their crushed ice by the bag. It's perfect for iced tea and afternoon toddy's. It looks really fancy too, your guests will be impressed.
 
9. Travel - Once you've been bit by the travel bug it's hard to stay home. I always have to have a 'trip' on my radar to look forward to.
 
 
10. Mac Lip gelée - Slicked Pink, so pretty.
 

15 comments:

Meg said...

Thank so much for having me Paloma! :)

Courtney said...

Love Meg and love her favorites! What a great snippet of her personality...if only I could smell that candle through the screen!

Laura Trevey said...

Love the Sonic Ice!!

xoxo Laura

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Thanks for the intro!! I enjoyed reading this post!

Sara said...

Loved reading the list! Enjoy y'alls blogs so much!!

Nikki said...

We have the sonic commercials here...but no sonic. I don't get it, but I want to try it so bad.

I'm a southern transplant...even though I've never been there ;)

Anonymous said...

Love love love the photo at the Taj Mahal. And love all the selections. Great picks!

I too am a southern transplant. I love New England but miss my Georgia sometimes. While fall up here is great, there is nothing like the south in the springtime.

thelovelist said...

Love Meg and loved this post -- especially the part about Sonic ice! I literally had an entire dinner conversation on Saturday night about how much I love it. Rally's where I grew up in Tallahassee has that same ice and I used to drive through there just for a coke. So glad to see Meg on the blog!

Rachael said...

Loved her favorites!!

Thanks for sharing!!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

arre said...

love meg! her original answers are inspiring, of course!! and about the candle - meg, are you reading this? - i've got to have one.

Meg said...

Arre!

I'll have them available to purchase online october 1st! :)

I've already sold out of my first batch!

Megan said...

Meg is one of my favorite people and reading her favorites made it only that much more clear how endearing and sweet she is-- this was a great post!!!

###### said...

yes indeed...sonic ice is powerful in texas!!!! love it..but I smack on ice daily anyway because i loooves it. great feature.

Devon said...

Meg is one of my favorites--she has such an amazing eye and is so fun to read. A great review!!!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Yes, SONIC ICE! Loved your choices, Meg. :)