photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Currently Loving: Happy Menocal

though I

I am head over heels in love with illustrator, Happy Menocal’s beautiful artwork. I adore the whimsy and cheerfulness of her work. You can’t help but feel, well, happy when looking at her gorgeous work! Unfortunately, her website is currently under construction, but you can browse through her wonderful sketchbooks here.

From animals, to people, to still life drawings, Happy injects so much beauty and joy into every illustration she creates.

is this your first time dining with us?

 

{Happy does custom pet portraits. Perhaps there will be one in Tate’s future!}

<em>you</em> relax

7 November 2009

 

Yesterlove

{Regardless of your feelings on bullfighting, there is no denying the beauty and pageantry of the torero’s uniform. I would love to frame a series of these wonderful prints!}

more fashion

afterparty

14 comments:

Hailey said...

love the bull fighter!

All things nice... said...

The living room illustration is lovely, thanks for sharing

All things nice...

Lindsay said...

Isn't her work gorgeous? I have the turquoise matador print hanging in our living room. Love it!

samantha ramage said...

So whimsical and fun! Reminds me of Matisse :)Love it!

xo
Sami

Samantha Hutchinson said...

wow love all of these! It's a toss up for my favorite between the peacock and the matador

Carmen said...

Totally love the matador prints. Happy Wednesday!

alison giese Interiors said...

I am CRAZY over these prints - especially the bullfighter and flamenco dancer! Please let us know if you find out when her site is up and running!

Sabrina said...

These are sooo chic! I love them all! Great post!

xxSabrina
www.rubypr.com/blog

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

I love these prints! They are gorgeous. Such clever illustrations and I love the color. I need to look into the custom pet portraits...that is a great idea!

Visual Vamp said...

What a wonderful sketch book!
We can add Happy along with PVE, Fifi, and Anne to the wish list of wonderful illustrators!
xo xo

Ampersand Design said...

So colourful.

My faves are the peacock and the flamenco dancer.

Sandy K

Anonymous said...

These are great! Especially the peacock- oh! and of course... the table :)

Eddie & Jaithan

Courtney said...

Happy illustrated our Christmas cards last year and I just love her to pieces. She's as sweet as she is talented!

Hello Lover... said...

Love these - I think the first two are my favorite - that peacock in a gold frame would look amazing!