photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 08.06.10

olatz schnabel hb

I was so excited that the September issue of House Beautiful found its way into my mailbox on Wednesday. The instant I saw Olatz Schnabel’s glamorous bedroom, I was smitten. The regal palette of purple, ruby red, and sea blue isn’t something I would usually gravitate towards, but it looks absolutely stunning! I love the ornate French headboard paired with the sumptuous linens and the juxtaposition they create against the abstract Julian Schnabel paintings and the lovely Moroccan rug. Isn’t it gorgeous?

olatz schnabel hb2

{The beautiful Olatz Schnabel lounges on her luxurious bed, complete with Aswan linens in white with a purple border and pink monograms from her shop, Olatz.}

 

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

Image Credit: Ditte Isager for House Beautiful, August 2010, scanned by me

19 comments:

Unknown said...

great room - a lot of unexpected elements that worked so well together!!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!
*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

She is so gorgeous! I have always admired the Schnabels' eclectic style. Love all the rich colours and intricate design here.

Sarah M. Winchester said...

Love the purple and magenta. So vivid and luxurious. Beautiful room. Will have to pick up a House Beautiful for my beach time next week.

http://sarahwinchester.wordpress.com/

alison giese Interiors said...

The more I see velvet curtains in vivid hues, the more I know I NEED some!

Carmen said...

Love the bold luxurious colors! Have a great weekend.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

SO fab! Love the colors/fabrics. :)

Mary said...

I haven't received my September issue yet!! Can't wait!!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

YES YES YES! i love love love :)

Rachael said...

I love all of the rich colors used! Beautiful!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

A Casa da Vá said...

how chic! purple, gold, red... you are right it is really stunning

Milk and Honey Home said...

This room was unbelievable! I had to look at it forever to catch it all. I love the mix-match of blues, the linens, and the art between the windows that goes floor to ceiling....doesn't hurt that she is more stunning than the room! Happy Weekend!

Dining and Decor said...

This evening I just finished reading HB from cover to cover. I love the color combinations...oh, so very bold. It's a stunning room.

leni said...

stunningly beautiful. i wish it were my house!

Carpe Diem said...

I love my House Beautiful. I saw this bedroom and fell in love. This only proves that if you love it and it is beautiful, it will come together beautifully...because, I for one, would have never guessed this color combination would look so gorgeous.

White Cabana said...

Beautifully regal colours in this space.
-Jordana

Karena said...

Paloma this is gorgeous, I adore the colors!!

Karena
Art by Karena

Sketch42 said...

In love. I still havent gotten mine! Need to go pick it up...

Unknown said...

It sure is a fabulous room! It's absolutely gorgeous..
Colour combination is very unique and inspirational,I'm loving it..

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

so rich! I'd love to spend the night there. Can't imagine a guy sharing this room though...