photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Love it or Leave it: Whimsical Bedrooms

{This gorgeous bedroom by David Kaihoi marries the classic and whimsical looks beautifully. It was recently featured in House Beautiful.}

When it comes to bedroom, what look do you typically gravitate towards: whimsical or classic? I usually favor classic, tailored rooms with a few glamorous details. However, I think there is something to be said about whimsical rooms with yards and yards of printed fabrics. Do you thrive in this type of space or are you a little more Type A, like myself? The dilemma for me is that while I love the fun, whimsical look of rooms like these, I don’t think I could fully relax in such a space. So, when it comes to whimsical bedrooms, do you love the look or would you rather leave it?

bedroom swans scandinavian chic {Image Source}

elaine griffin

{Bedroom by Elaine Griffin}

 domino miles redd bed {Miles Redd via Domino}

{Gene Meyer and Frank de Biasi via House Beautiful}

{Kathryn Ireland via House Beautiful}

16 comments:

Mabel and Zora said...

We love the room in the second photo.

Anonymous said...

I love to look at whimsical bedrooms, but for myself would prefer a light, pastel colored option as it's absolutely calming, flawless space and that's exactly what I seek in a bedroom! xxx

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

I favor classic too -- though these rooms are definitely inspiring. Perhaps a few touches of whimsical couldn't hurt a usually classic look!

Rachael said...

Based on my usual tendencies, I would say I'm more like you said, classic and tailored. However, these rooms are so beautiful and I would love to have something along the lines of the 3rd and 4th room...so pretty!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Noodles and Waffles said...

The swan wallpaper is absolutely lovely.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

im thinking LOVE it. i love anything whimsical...shows some character! great post! xo

Unknown said...

The last one is beautiful...OK they are alllll beautiful!!

cindy from Austin, TX said...

These are cute and fun, perhaps for a child or guest, but I prefer a serene bedroom for myself.
http://shadestonehome.blogspot.com/

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

While I appreciate these rooms and think they are lovely, I am more comfortable in the classic, tailored rooms.

chateaudelille said...

I love image2. I have that bedside and i love blue. My latest post is very blue too!Fiona

Leah said...

LOVE it! These are all so fab!

Luvs!

Tracey said...

Love all the rooms, but maybe with one less thing in them. Does that make me whimsical or classical? hmm?

Milk and Honey Home said...

Oh...that Miles room from Domino is in my top ten. I am a definite whimsical fan. I appreciate the tailored, but these are my favorite!

pretty new pic of you :)

Halie said...

I too lean towards more classical bedroom style. However, every time I see a new anthro catalog or a post like this heart starts to flutter. (In a good way!!!)

Michelle said...

Dude, that Elain Griffin room is giving me the happy dance.

Jan's camera said...

I think whimsical is most appropriate in kids' rooms but these photos are fun.