photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nina Garcia’s Look Book

Summer 2010 032

A couple of weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised when Nina Garcia’s newest style tome, Look Book arrived on my doorstep unexpectedly. I was expecting to find a lot of the same style tips that I’ve read before. However, the uber-stylish, impeccably-coiffed Garcia delivers. The book is filled with style advice for every possible occasion from a job interview, to a first date, to brunch with the girls. Garcia, the venerable Project Runway judge and fashion director at Marie Claire provides insightful, stylish, and practical advice for the modern woman. Personally, I loved the historical fashion anecdotes and style quotes that are sprinkled throughout the book.

Summer 2010 025{ The book is filled with plenty of fabulous illustrations by Ruben Toledo.}

Summer 2010 015

{Look Book is thoughtfully divided into practical sections with plenty of chic style advice.}

 

Image Credit: Paloma Contreras for La Dolce Vita

15 comments:

Lauren said...

Love the artwork. Wouldn't it be gorgeous framed and hung in a small bath or dressing room?

Erika Ward said...

What a fun read! Great little coffee table book for sure!

Christina said...

aaww, this is cute!

Fabulous and great inspiration!!

Love your blog :-)

Hugs

Christina

Laura Trevey said...

Love this!! Thank you Paloma!

Ariane said...

This looks like a lovely read! Thanks for sharing, Paloma.

Ari

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Looks like a great little read and I am sure it's full of great tips! Might have to pick up a copy!

Carolyn said...

I have to have this!! I love Nina Garcia and think she is one of the most stylish women in this century! Merci for sharing

Kate at Dream To Life said...

Running to book store immediately :>) thanks Paloma!

xo,
k

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

It looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet. I have her Little Black Book of Style. This'll need to be purchased too. Thanks for the heads up!

Stella said...

WoW ~ I'd luv to have this for my coffee table ~ what a fabulous find!! THANKS for sharing!!!!

http://www.stellaspersonaltreasures.com/blog

sarah said...

love these illustrations and love nina... reminds me of daily candy illustrations..

Visual Vamp said...

Only you could make Foo Dogs look so good again!
xo xo

Unknown said...

I want to check this out...thanks for the review.

justagirlLaura said...

I literally just clicked through and bought the book based on your review! Thanks!